There are many aspects consider when assessing which sports betting site you should register with. But keep in mind that as long as the options are available, players can have accounts with as many different betting sites as they want to.
Most of the popular European betting sites accept African bettors, as long as the regulation in the African country allows it. Betting sites who are licensed and regulated in Europe by the MGA, or by similar regulators, are often very reliable.
Within Africa, the quality of bookmakers varies. Some countries have their own bookmakers targeted at its citizens, and again it is important to research these firms and also inspect the regulatory authorities
Competition between the best sites in Africa is tough, and this benefits online betting fans, as it leads to better odds and more generous bonuses and promotions.
However, when choosing the best sites in Africa there are several factors that come in to play and these include:
- License – Make sure the sport betting site is licensed to operate in African borders.
- Odds and payout percentage – The higher the payout percentage, the higher the odds, as you want to be well rewarded when your predictions are correct, this is an essential thing to look for.
- Variety of markets and sports – All betting companies in Africa offer odds on the most popular sports, but the best sports betting sites will offer a wide selection of sports and markets. Choose a site that offers you lots of options and has odds for a variety of markets
- Cash out, live betting & live streaming functionality – Live betting gives you the chance to place a wager as a match unfolds, and live streaming lets you watch the match happen online, in real time. Cash out gives you the chance to benefit from these features, and to cash a bet out before the match ends in order to secure a sure win, or cut losses.
- Welcome bonuses and promotions – Betting companies in Africa offering the best bonuses and most generous promotions are where you want to sign up. These bonuses boost your bankroll, make a sure win more profitable, and add extra value to your predictions.
- Payment methods and fees – All major betting sites in Ghana, Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria and the rest of Africa accepts deposits via debit or credit card, prepaid card, e-wallet and bank transfer. But before you sign up, check they accept the banking option you want to use, and that the transaction fees are fair.
African Sports Betting FAQ
Many people are slowly moving over to online betting, but there are many questions out there. We at African Betting Guide are trying to help you to answer most of these common questions.
🔖 Do African Players Pay Tax on Sports Betting Winnings?
Most African bettors will not pay tax on their sports betting winnings. Each country in Africa has different rules, but normally taxes has already been deducted on your winnings.
🔖 Which Odds Format is Used for Betting in Africa?
Widely considered to be the easiest to understand, the decimal odds format is used by many African sports betting sites. However, most sports betting sites will have the option of using other formats such as fractional or Malay etc. but the most popular is by far decimal.