Kenya plays host to a vibrant online gambling scene with online casinos taking the African market by storm within the last decade. More and more gambling enthusiasts are turning to online betting platforms to indulge in their favourite casino games and sports betting.
With 24/7 access available, it is no secret why online casinos have become so popular among Kenyan punters.
Picking Top Casinos Online
With hundreds of different sites and platforms competing for business, it can sometimes be overwhelming and confusing trying to find the best option. This guide will reveal the most important factors to consider before choosing an online gambling service in Kenya.
- Always do your homework on an online casino before choosing to invest your time and money in its platform. The business must hold a valid (recognised by the Betting Control and Licensing Board of Kenya) license to operate within the country.
- A good indicator of an online casino’s legitimacy is how they accept payment. If they are certified and above-board, you should be able to deposit and withdraw money from the casino through trusted, secure payment channels.
- Online casinos are well known for their tendency to provide both new and existing members with enriching bonuses and promotions. This is a large part of their marketing strategy, therefore any online gambling platform that is worth your time will generally offer a decent welcome bonus and exciting promotions as incentives for using their sites.
- Any online gambling platform should have 24/7 customer support available. Issues such as technical glitches in games and trouble making and receiving payments will inevitably arise, and there should be a knowledgeable taskforce available to address them.
- Last but definitely not least, an online casino should boast a wide variety of games for their clientele to choose from. A reputable casino should have no issue partnering with leading gambling software companies and subsequently building up a robust game portfolio for their business.
Online Gambling Laws in Kenya
Kenya was one of the first African nations to legalise online gambling. Although the vast majority of online betting platforms operating in Kenya are foreign, all gambling within the country is regulated by the BCLB. The equatorial nation used to have a state-run online casino called betkenya.com that held a monopoly over all Kenyan online gambling.
However, it has since closed its doors and opened the way for offshore online casinos to dominate the Kenyan online gambling market.
Kenyan Mobile Gambling
With a large portion of Kenyan gamblers using mobile technology to access the internet, there is a significant amount of focus on mobile betting platforms in the country. The ideal online casino should function seamlessly on mobile devices for accessibility and convenience. Test out your potential new online casino by logging on with a smartphone or tablet.
Most Popular Casino Games in Kenya
With foreign online casinos setting up camp within Kenyan borders, there are plenty of international favourites available. It is vital to ensure that your casino of choice has a large game portfolio and has bought their gaming software from reputable developers.
Some Kenyan online favourites include:
- Texas Hold’em
- Three Card Stud
- Video Poker
- Sic Bo
As you have undoubtedly discovered through this guide, there is a vast landscape of online betting platforms for Kenyan citizens to choose from. Always refer back to these important tips before getting involved with any online casino to avoid disappointment and regret.
Look out for the most robust gaming portfolios, trusted software, and quality mobile support, and you will never go wrong.